Tuesday 13 May 2014

Luton Hoo Children's Book Festival


A cloudy Sunday in May; what better way to spend it than at a children's book festival such as the one at Luton Hoo? Last weekend saw my first event for THE BROKEN KING, in a tent with the audience perched on straw bales whilst around us the wind howled and battered. I overheard a lady in the audience: "That's a nice young man who's going to read us stories from Roald Dahl." After I'd pointed out the error, fortunately nobody left; and we had a suitably eerie setting, then, for the first two chapters of TBK, which I read out, in their first public outing; I finished with the first chapter of The Liberators. The festival is a lively, bustling event, in its first few years of existence: may it continue long.


No comments:

Post a Comment